Thursday, September 12, 2013

Free Travel for all Staff

 

 

 

 

 

Circular No IR/542/13

 

 

To All Branches, Regional Offices & Regional Councils

 

 

Our Ref: BR1/0238

12th September 2013

 

 

Dear Colleagues

 

FREE TRAVEL FOR ALL STAFF

 

Further to my previous circular on the above matter dated 22ndAugust 2013 (IR/491/13) in which, I advised you that the General Grades Committee had referred this issue into their National Sub-Committee to establish a full review of travel concessions across the transport industry. 

 

I can now report that this review has now taken place and theGeneral Grades Committee has instructed me to write to all the Train Operating Companies requesting talks to discuss the issue of concessionary travel facilities. Furthermore, I have been instructed to write to TSSA, ASLEF and Unite asking them to support our campaign for free travel for all staff.      

 

I will, of course, keep you fully advised on any further developments.               

 

Yours sincerely

Bob Crow

General Secretary

 

No comments:

Post a Comment